No one like farewell. Neither do I. That's what I thought when the day (Friday, January 24th) has come. Although that day was long awaited, still, I couldn't lie that I got mixed-feeling both in my heart and mind. That day become one of the most memorable day in my life. I felt sad and excited at the same time. Sad because I'm no longer able to work with bunch of weird (in a good way) co-workers who made each day of work felt colorful, full of laugh and random (not to mention crazy) behavior. Excited because there's another puzzle awaits me to be done, another challenge that needs to be accomplished ahead.
Still clear in my mind how I first entered Indika FM as an employee in December 17th, 2012. There's nothing I could do in my first day of work except smiling, shaking hands, asking what to do, and how it goes in the office. I think those are the standard of being a newbie, right? I also still remember my first meeting with the other co-workers there. How long we brainstorm in order to get fresh ideas for client. How often we debate to each other about our ideas. How hard we laugh to lame jokes. I still remember it.
Working in a mass media (radio, in particular) was like riding a rollercoaster. The first few months was a bit hard for me. To adapt and to adjust with how fast the regeneration in office got me a bit taken aback. The tight deadline and the never-ending-revision also got me a bit upset. But thankfully, day by day, I managed to overcome those obstacles and I could blend well because Indika FM was more like a college than an office. Thanks to its employees who keep the youth vibe alive. Thanks to them who able to make my life at work just like at home, my second home. It's extremely funny how we did so much mischievous things but we aren't afraid to look childish. We also did so much rebellious things till my boss called me to his workspace and blamed me a lot for not obeying what he said. We fought that day and we didn't talk to each other for 1 week. Hahaha. I won't forget that day. I've done so much silly things in Indika FM than I could do when was in high school, and still get paid. The perks of working in mass media. :p
1 year 1 month with too much unforgettable memories. Therefore, I would like to say:
- Thank you for the teamwork. I would never find other co-workers as funny, as cool, and as witty as you are (you know who you are)!
- Thank you for the knowledge. My broadcast skill have developed a lot..
- Thank you for the curhat and gossip session in canteen, and every corner in the office.
- Thank you for the naughty-to-horror-jokes. Each and every one of you are so humorous.
- Thank you for those free ticket concerts. I finally got to watch Girls Generation, Super Junior, 2PM, Beast, Infinite, and Sistar perform without even paying any single pennies! So delighted! :D
- Thank you for the rebel time. We might be a bit reckless but that's what make our life colorful, right?
- Thank you for giving me bunch of free goodies: so many cool merchandise!
- Thank you for the never ending snack session in the morning and evening time. I gained 3 kilos bcos of it.
- Thank you for the late nite chit chat at 711 and any other cafes.
- Thanks for the surprise and the farewell gift.
Now, let's pray for our own better future and who knows we might be able to work together again someday? That's why I don't want to say good bye. Instead, I will say, see you later folks!